Sunday, October 23, 2011

First poem.

Hi readers,

I don't have time to post about food right now.. Homework beckons! However, I would like to share this poem I wrote a couple weeks ago in The Arboretum on campus before doing some bouldering in the Chuckanut sandstone tunnel. Thanks for reading!




The uneven crunch
beneath my methodical step
awakens my ear drums,
holds my attention.

This changing of the seasons
full of secrets well kept
is a kaleidoscope of
undulating color
that is hard not to mention..

To my left: an oak seedling
and my right: some playful licorice ferns.
Ahead: the expansive forest
and behind: an unending chasm of lessons.

Autumn creeps along
depositing chilly air into our lungs
and a crunch beneath our step.




LivE.

2 comments:

  1. Olivia, this poem is amazingly inspiring! Your imagery is striking! I am thoroughly impressed, I wish I could write like this!

    Terran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Terran! You're making me blush... You can write like this! I believe in you! :)

    ReplyDelete